Friday, April 18, 2008

Ok Mom.

We were just eating lunch. More accurately, I was eating and Bailee was getting up and down while NOT eating. We're having this issue a lot lately. Finally I told her that if she got down again, she would go right to nap time without her lunch. She looked at me and said "Ok Mom." Then she got off the chair and went to her room and laid down. Yep. She's a little stink sometimes. Now she's in there playing with her 'friends'. You can bet when she wakes up she'll be grouchy and hungry and we'll start the battle all over again.

All day she wants to talk on the phone. She wants to call Grandma and Grandpa. Bailee talks to them at least once a day, and would stay on the phone all day if I'd let her. If they don't answer for whatever reason, she gets so mad and keeps saying 'Talk to grandma, talk to grandpa." The other day my dad called and said that he bought some baby chickens and he would show them to Bailee (via web cam) when he got home. Later Grandma showed her the chickens and now all she can talk about is the "Chicken Babies". She through a full on tantrum last night while talking to grandpa on the phone because she wanted to see the chicken babies. I was laughing so hard because he kept telling her not to cry and she would make the funniest faces, lip quivering and all. It was way past her bedtime, and she didn't eat her dinner. Imagine that. Finally I pried the phone away from her and left her screaming in the living room for a few minutes. Daddy distracted her with a basketball and then I tricked her into eating some eggs and toast before putting her down for the night.

They call it terrible two's. I used to think that's so we unexperienced parents would know when to expect the tantrums to start. Yeah, now I think it's someone's evil plan to catch us off guard. It should be called terrible almost two's. When does it end? Oh, right before she hits the tween/teenage years? It's going to be a long 20 years, isn't it.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

It is at that! I'm just hoping that if Hailey's already pulling the teenage attitude with me-at not even TWO-that she will be a mellow teenager. I know wishful thinking, right? Gotta have something to get me through the next 20 years...

Anonymous said...

So as the grandma now I understand while people would say wait till you get grandchildren. Okay so now I have Baille as a grandchild and It sudenly comes to me the other day children are so worth it. You as the grand parent now get to have the pure joy of watching your child deal with a two year old, which as one time traci was just like that two year old she is now chasing around the house. Take my word for it grandchildren are way better thatn children :)
grammy spencer