Never thought I'd worry about Maddox being too pink. Last night I was holding him and noticed he was super pink/red. I thought maybe he was getting too hot. I asked the nurse about it and she took his temp. Maddox was actually a little cool. Nurse told me it'll probably take awhile to get used to his new color. Funny.
Today Luke and I are hanging out with Maddox. He has been talking and GIGGLING all morning. It's been so fun. Seriously loving it. I was holding Maddox and talking to him. He was leaning his head back, doing a back bend trying to watch the basketball game that was on. I finally just turned him around. That's our boy!
So today the plan is to up Maddox to 30 cal milk (done) and continue monotoring oxygen levels. All is well. Tomorrow morning He'll have a sedated echo around 7:30 am and they'll talk about sending us HOME. YES. Maybe as early as TOMORROW! We are so looking forward to getting home and being all together again. Just in time for Christmas!
Luke was brought home on Christmas Eve, in a stocking. I don't think Maddox will fit in a stocking. But we did get him a warm snuggly snow outfit to wear home, and for our upcoming outings! It's going to be so nice to take him places. We'll still be cautious and ask sick people to stay away, but we can share him a little more. Yeah!
5 comments:
Horray! That is great you will be coming home so quickly! What a cute boy trying to watch the basketball game!
As much as I am not looking forward to surgery, reading your posts have given me a much differnt outlook. I am excited for Zoey to have warm toes, good color, and to be able to take her out. Thanks for the great posts!
Traci,
We got your Christmas card today, and I had no idea that your baby boy had gone through so much. I read your blog posts for an hour. I cried but was so overwhelmed by your positive attitude and perspective. What an amazing woman you are. How did you ever manage to get a Christmas card out? I am so glad that today was a good day. Thank you for putting your blog on the card so we could learn about all of this, and be a part of the crowd praying for you.
Love,
Jenna George
Too pink..that is awesome! I'm so glad that things are going so well for you guys and that Maddox will be home soon. It was so nice seeing you the other day. We will have to get the boys together for a play date soon!
It's so great to hear how he is recovering. What a fighter little Maddox is!
I am glad that Maddox is doing so great. Pink is such a wonderful color.
And the best part...once you go home you don't have to think about another surgery for a long time and you'll be practically normal. It's the best.
Good luck!
Post a Comment