Monday, December 14, 2009

Best Buddies

I was going to start the morning with grumpiness about mornings at the hospital. It's the hardest time to be here. Between feedings, Vital checks, blood draws, chest xrays and Dr.'s rounds (amoung other things) it seems that everytime Maddox falls asleep they're bugging him again. Even as I'm typing he's sleeping so peacefully and here comes Nurse to give him the morning meds. Not that I'm complaining (ok, well maybe a little) they do take really good care of him (and us) here. Mornings are just hard. So I was going to start with grumpiness and then I uploaded some pictures and got to looking through the adventures of the past couple of months. We've had some really great months.

Bailee and Maddox are best buddies and she is going to be SO EXCITED when we get home later today. She's been asking for Maddox to come home, and basically told us not to come home without him. She really loves him, and he loves her! We've done some video messages back and forth for the kids and they've both really liked that. It makes Bailee feel more involved and shows her how important she is to Maddox, and watching Bailee on the video makes Maddox smile and talk. Last week as I was showing him a video, he kept touching the screen. When I told Bailee about that she said "Was he trying to mess up my hair? He's so silly!"

A couple of weeks ago we took both kiddos to see Santa. It was nice to be out together, we really haven't done very much of that since Maddox was born. We've been so careful about where we take Maddox and who is near him. But I really wanted them to go see Santa together, and worried this would be the only chance. This is the first year that Bailee has been excited about Santa. Even though she was shy, she told him just what she wanted for Christmas. A pink scooter. I'm excited for the magic part of Christmas this year. Maddox didn't ask for anything, I wonder what he would say? A new heart? More time? Or maybe he has just what he needs, great care and a great family?

Bailee loves to play with Maddox. She wanted to get into Maddox's crib one afternoon and play with the mobil. Maddox loved it! He often lays on sister's bed and talks to her, but this is the first time she got in with him. He kept looking at her and smiling, kicking his legs and talking. So cute!

Bailee can't wait for Maddox to go to church with her. She loves to show him her pretty dresses, and he humors her with a smile.

This is their first bath together. What a briliant idea! I know, right? Also the last bath in the tub for Mad Dog for awhile. He wasn't loving it, and Bailee wanted her 'space' back. Oh well. They usually are all smiles and giggles when they're together.


6 comments:

Tasha Stout said...

They are so cute together! I love when siblings get along. It makes the transition better!

Becca said...

Hi, Ellie's mom. These siblings of these special kids are so amazing! I got a book last time Ellie was in the hospital called "Hi, My Name is Jack." It's a great book from the perspective of the sibling. Congrats on going home, yay!

Becca

Chelsea said...

Cute post Trac. FINALLY PICTURES, we love them! We are so thrilled that Maddox is doing so well! We miss you guys and hope to see you soon!

Heart Mommy said...

We wanted to stop by and say hello.. But a happy surprise to find that you had gone home... Yay... Wishing you the best...

Nicki said...

Hey, I'm glad to hear you're home again...and I'm glad I found your blog to keep up. We hear some stuff from Jake's parents, but not a lot. Hang in there!

Josh and Jenna said...

Glad to know you got to come home and hopefully have a fun, relaxing Christmas. So what is next for Maddox?