We got moved upstairs about 4 this afternoon. The suite (as we so lovingly call the rooms upstairs) is nice and quiet. I was going to upload some pictures, but Maddox fell asleep in my arms and I can't reach the camera or the cord. Oh well, later.
I know I keep saying he's doing AMAZING. But he really is! You'll be surprised when you see how pink he his now! Anyone who's seen him lately will remember how gray/blue he's been. I don't think he's ever been this pink. And his toes are warm! That's a first too. It's amazing what a little blood flow will do for you.
This trip to PCMC has been nice, as far as trips to the hospital go. It was planned, I was prepared, and everything has gone about how I've expected. Maddox is such a tough little guy! I can't believe how happy and good he is, considering he had OPEN HEART surgery just 3 days ago. He is healing wonderfully and in very little pain. It seems to be uncomfortable when he coughs (duh!) but other than that he seems pain free.
Maddox had a swallow study just after noon today. He passed with flying colors, of course. As soon as we got back to the CICU (cardiology intensive care unit) he drank a whole bottle and didn't even get tired! Its so nice to be able to hold and feed him again.
He's on oxygen, has an IV (for drawing blood) and still has pacer wires (that he's never had to use). He only has 1 more med than what we had at home, but it's one that he's had before. So things are good. We're ready for home!
We're talking about going Monday afternoon. They want to monitor his eating and see him gain weight (like that'll be an issue....) over the weekend and then do an ECHO Monday morning.
Bailee is so ready for Maddox to come home. She basically told me this morning not to come home without him. I'm glad she loves him so much! She was so disapointed when we told her she couldn't come to the hospital.
So we'll keep updating, and hopefully I'll get some pics added later tonight or tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment