Friday, December 4, 2009

In the Cath Lab and Happy Birthday Daddy!

We arrived at Primary's bright and early, 6 am! Maddox was a little trooper while we waited, and when the nurses came to get him, he was all smiles. He hasn't eaten since 11:30 last night, so I was expecting some major grouchiness. The Cath should take about 3 hours, so we're hoping he'll be done around 11. Then we can expect at least 6 hours of recovery time. He looked pretty cute in the hospital issued PJ's. They were so big on him! (I was going to post a pic, but this card reader isn't working.)

After they took Maddox into the Lab, Luke and I went and grabbed some breakfast. I realized that I've left the cell pohone in the diaper bag which is hanging out in the Lab with Maddox. Nice. So hopefully it won't ring a bunch of times and cause problems. Now we'll just wait of this pager to go off, and then go pick up our sweet little guy.

Today is Luke's birthday! I'm glad he got to take the day off, but sorry we'll be spending the whole time in the hospital. Last night we celebrated and let him open his presents. I made Orange Chicken (it was delish! I'll post the recipe soon) and fried rice. For dessert we made Orange Julius. Luke let Bailee help him open his presents, and she thought that was the best. I'm not sure that he had any surprises though, Bailee told him about at least 2 of his gifts before. Time to start keeping secrets from her! She's so funny!

Last night Mom B. told us that Luke had his surgery on December 8th. That's when Maddox's is, 29 years later. It's kind of crazy! Look back a few posts for pics of Luke before his surgery.

Bailee is loving the holiday season! I hope we can make it extra special for her, despite spending the next few weeks in the hospital. She has been dancing around the house singing "It's a Jolly Roger holiday". We think it's a mix of a song from Mary Poppins, and a Christmas song, but we're not really sure. It's so cute though. She says all of the time "Mom, I really am a rock star." And she is, unless she's Snow White. Then she's a princess. That girl keeps me laughing, and I'm so glad she's home!

Well, we'll post updates later when we hear more.

No comments: