Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rockin'

Maddox is doing AWESOME! This morning when I arrived he was smiling and talking to our nurse. (who happens to be a favorite from our first visit) He's been very happy and content today, and has slept peacefully. I'm glad he's getting some good rest. We're waiting for the RA line (iv that goes right into his heart), pacer wires (that thankfully have never been used), and Art line to be taken out. It has to be done while a Surgeon is available, and they've been in surgery all day. Should be pretty soon though. EDIT: Just got word it'll be awhile longer, the other surgery is taking longer than anticipated.

After those are out and Maddox is settled down we'll give him a bottle. We had a discussion this morning about how to move forward with feeding and enough agreed with me that we aren't going to start with a feeding tube. We'll give him a thickened bottle and watch him. If there's any concern about aspiration we'll put  a tube in. I'm not anticpating a problem though.

Later tonight or in the morning they'll take out chest tubes and the only thing left will be oxygen. (which we will go home on) I'm thinking maybe we'll go to the floor tomorrow? That's just me talking though. EDIT: I guess the ICU Dr. is ready to kick us out today. But since we've been delayed getting these lines out we'll have to wait until tomorrow. And nurse says 'he thinks' as soon as Maddox is eating well we'll be home. Yipeee! Love these guys, but not enough to stay longer than necessary!

I got to meet Maddison's family. She's such a cute little girl. (You can check out her blog under heart friends) She had a transplant last Friday! Amazing! It just incredible what these Dr.'s can do. I'm not looking forward to the day when we start talking transplant, but I take comfort in knowing (and seeing) what the Dr.s can do and how well they do it.

I'm glad things are going so well and moving right along. I can't wait to show Maddox off to everyone! You won't believe how pink he is now! He was so blue and lately so grey that this pink is WONDERFUL!

3 comments:

Adam and Rachel said...

That is awesome you will be moving to the floor tomorrow! What great news! I am glad to hear that his color is good! Your in our prayers. Thanks for the update! Good luck with feeding-that is great they aren't going to start with the tube and hopefully he won't need it.

Shari said...

Glad things are going well!

Randy said...

Great news!!!