and the weather isn't helping.
I was really really really hoping to go home today. It feels like we've been here forever! And so far it's our shortest stay. It's hard to want to be here when Maddox looks so amazing! This morning was rough for us all though. Maddox was scheduled for a 7:30 am sedated echo. So he couldn't have any food after 2:30 and no clear liquids after 4:30. He woke up and ate at 12:30 and didn't wake up again until 5. Of course he was hungry and there wasn't anything I could do about it. There were a lot of tears and a lot of screaming. Poor baby! He's never loved the binki, and since surgery on Tuesday he hasn't wanted anything to do with it. I finally got him to suck on it a little, enough to settle down. Of course every time I got him settled and either sleeping or playing someone would come in and bug him. For REAL! So at 8 we still hadn't heard anything. I went to find out what was going on and the Dr.'s were making rounds. They had the nurses call to find out when we could come down (they had to do it in the CICU). When we finally got down there no one was prepared, they realized he needed a new IV, and everything was taking forever. They finally got started at 10! Needless to say, we had a very grumpy, very hungry little boy on our hands. After the echo we had to wait for sedation to wear off before we could start clear liquids. The little tough guy sucked down the Pedialite and went back to sleep. Poor thing! On the plus side, Maddox got to hang out with a favorite nurse, and a few other favorites stopped by to flirt.
Since we've been back to his room, he's been eating but not happy. Hoping that once all of the drugs get out of his system he'll feel better again.
It's crazy for me to think that he just had OPEN HEART SURGERY on Tuesday. For the 3rd time in 4 months. It was just 5 days ago, but I think it feels like forever because it's almost 'old hat' to be here. I can't believe how easy it was to slip back into the CICU routine and the hospital routine. At times it felt like we hadn't left. And then I remembered how wonderful it was to be home with him. All of us together. Soon. I know we have much to be grateful for, and we are. Still, long days like today are....well....long.
2 comments:
STINK! Hopefully things well go better tomorrow!
Hopefully everything works out for your little one. It sounds like he is doing amazing!!
P.S. Sidnee had fun playing with Bailee at the football game a few weeks ago. They were buds.
Post a Comment