Monday, December 21, 2009

Before and After

I know I've mentioned the change in Maddox's color. I still can't believe the difference! It's such a blessing, and a miracle, that Maddox has pink skin and warm toes. Seriously something I'd taken for granted. This first picture is the night before his surgery, he was so blue/gray!


Right after surgery. I was prepared for him to look more like this. I thought he actually looked pretty darn good, and I noticed the color change immediately.


We of course had a wonderful nurse, Michelle, right after surgery. She kept making comments about being a model parent, and handling everything so well. It was embarrassing. Honestly, Maddox looked so much better after surgery than he ever had (even with the breathing tube) that I was just thrilled. I had such peace knowing that he was doing so well and feeling that relief of having surgery over. I couldn't help but smile.

But seriously??? Can you believe the difference? As much as we love blue in this family, we are so happy to have a PINK baby! I just can't get enough of the warm toes. I've probably kissed them more in the past 2 weeks than combined over the past 5 months.

2 comments:

Katie said...

He is too cute! glad everything is going well! Oh and I love your hair!

audreyspencer said...

He is so cute. Hopefully he keeps doing well and getting stronger!