Thursday, June 19, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Bailee and I are doing a parent tot swim class again this year. We started on Monday and it goes for 2 weeks. It has been so much fun. Bailee can't wait to get to the pool in the mornings, and it's torture for her to have to wait clear until 10:20 to leave. Here is her "camera smile".


Here's the not so patient wait to jump in. She loves to jump from the wall into the pool. After we practice entry for awhile, we sing songs and help the kids get used to having water on their faces. Bailee gets scared when I try and help her lay on her back, but hopefully by the end of the class she'll be a little more comfortable.


Bailee's favorite part of swim class is the last 10 minutes when she can crawl around on the beach front. She pretends to be a puppy dog and an alligator.

She also likes to swim under the rainbow. Then the whistle blows and she knows it's time to get out.


The pool is so close to our house, we've been walking to save gas. It's only about a 10-12 minute walk. It's good exercise too, something that I'm definitely in need of. Bailee loves to be out side and she loves to ride in her stroller. I just can't believe how big she is getting! Last year at swimming lessons she wasn't even walking yet and this year she's running all over the place. After we get home, for the rest of the day, she asks where her teacher is. She also tells me all the fun things they do. "Jump, sing songs, splash, play with my teacher." I think she'll be sad when it's over.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Traci...

First of all CONGRATS! on the potty training...I must say potty training is the hardest thing I have done when it comes to parenting! And I am truly not looking forward to my next one! Secondly...you are truly a wonderful person...you can tell how much you love your family and your calling! Thank you for who you are!

Michelle

Trevor and Lisa said...

She is so cute, and her little personality reminds me of someone I know. HUM. . . I wonder who that could be!
We are going to be there for the
4th, we'll have to get together.

Chelle! said...

Oh, Bailee is totally adorable!!! That is great that you are doing that clas--what a fun time together!!

Jennifer Minick said...

she is so stinkin cute