So even though our garden was late producing, and most of what we planted got eaten by the birds before it had a chance, we have been able to enjoy some of the 'fruits of our labors'. Those are purple bell peppers, aren't they pretty? We've had a ton of yellow squash, and we're finally getting some big tomatoes. We get a handful of cherry tomatoes every couple of days. Yummy! We've also had 3 cucumbers!
Luke finished his HR class through Villanova a few weeks ago. He did amazing! I don't know how he found time to study and still play with Bailee and I. Luke is such a hard worker. We are so proud of him and so grateful for how hard he works.
Bailee and I painted a cute spider for our door. I really did let Bailee paint one of the spiders, and she did a great job! Then she just wanted to paint the newspaper.
Bailee and McKinley got matching strollers for their birthdays, and I finally got a picture of them together. They love to push their friends around, and they love to go for walks down the street.
Notice the cowboy hat. Bailee is known as Cowboy Bailee, at her insistance. She calls herself Cowboy Bailee and has been calling us Cowboy Mom and Cowboy Dad all week. Super cute, unless she throws a tantrum in the middle of the store because I forgot to say Cowboy Bailee.
Speaking of the store, I had to run to Mervyn's the other day to drop off a CTMH order. Bailee loves to walk around the mall, so we stayed awhile. We were walking through Deseret Book and she was singing her version of "I am a Child of God". She stopped suddenly, looked at me and yelled "You are not my mom!" Startled, I said, "I'm not? Since when?" She grabbed my leg and said, "You are my sister. Oh, I'm so glad you're here, Sister." What???
So yesterday I put her down for a nap and went downstairs to work on some stuff. 2 hours later I came upstairs to see if she was awake. She had never gone to sleep! So I told her she could get up if she was ready. A few minutes later I asked Bailee if she had ever gone to sleep. She looked at me and said "That's not your problem, it's my problem!" What a little sassy pants I have. She cracks me up.
Bailee also insists on 'reading scripture power' herself and won't let either Luke or I have a turn. So I say 2 or 3 words and she repeats them. We're reading in 3rd Nephi and one of the guys names is Gidgidoni. Bailee repeated "Get a donought". And of course because we laughed, she kept saying it.
As you can see, Bailee keeps me on my toes and usually laughing. I can't believe how much she has grown and learned! She's such a little smarty pants, and it's so fun to be her mom.
We are counting down the days until Grandma and Grandpa Bulkley get home from their mission! It feels like they've been gone forever! They really don't have much longer. I have a few projects around here I want to finish before they get home, so I better get working!
I keep thinking of a ton of stuff to write about, but I think this is long enough for today.
3 comments:
What a funny, funny girl! Sounds like her and Hailey would get along!!
Finally a post not about BYU! LOL totally kidding but I have been missing updates on Bailee. She is so cute and growing up so fast! I miss her and her amazing personality!
Cute stories about Bailee. I think she is at such a fun age. Love your veges and am jealous that I'll never get to grow a garden here. And Congrats to Luke.
Post a Comment