Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Divine Institution of Marriage

I found this article regarding Prop 8 that I wish I'd read myself prior to my last post. It's clear, to me, that the information I received came from this article. However some of the things I understood to be already decided (losing tax exemption, marriages preformed in the temples) haven't been decided but could be affected. The article explains better than I can why it's important to define marriage as between a Man and a Woman. It has facts where my feelings are mostly emotional.

The Divine Institution of Marriage

I am amazed that by my disagreeing with someone's life choice, I am seen as prejudice or a bigot. Just because I don't agree with someone's choice does not mean that I don't like that person. (If that were the case I'd be alienating myself from those I love most) As a follower of Christ, it is one of my greatest desires to be like Him. To love unconditionally. To be kind to all, to be pure, to be humble and to serve those around me.

No comments: