Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Great Egg Hunt Adventure

When I was a kid we went to Pioche for the Egg Hunt every year. We'd wake up early and stand out on the porch waiting to ride the fire truck to the school. (It wasn't this truck though, it was a really really old one that they don't allow the kids to ride anymore.) When Luke and I decided to go to Hiko for Easter, I decided we would also go to Pioche for the Egg Hunt. It was so fun to ride the fire truck with Bailee.

I'm pretty sure that this is still the same Bunny that has always been there. Bailee didn't cry, but she wasn't sure she liked the bunny. Well, at least until he gave her some candy.Before the hunt started...
My dad told Luke that the plastic eggs had money in them. I conveniently left that part out. Here is Daddy coaching Bailee on what eggs she should pick up. And see Grandma and Grandpa taking pictures?? I'll have to get those ones too. More looking on. Will they ever let me pick up those eggs??Ready....Set...Go!Daddy helped Bailee pick up a lot of eggs. I had to remind him to pick up the real ones too.
Bailee had a lot of fun. After all, picking up is one of her favorite things to do!Grandma bought her this fun Mickey Mouse basket. Bailee loved carrying it around. After the hunt it was too heavy though. When she wasn't looking I took out a bunch of the eggs.And with Daddy's help, Bailee found $5 to add to her piggy bank.

We also got to see my friend Beka and her cute family! I didn't take any pictures, what was I thinking?? They have 3 beautiful little girls. That reminds me, there is a picture from high school of Beka, Luci and I that I told Luci I would email her. It's for sure blog worthy, so I will have to go find it and post it later.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Sounds like a grand ol' time! We just did an Easter egg hunt in our living room for Hailey this year. Maybe next year we'll take her to the Thanksgiving Point extravaganza...