So, I'm in the midst of planning our ward Young Women's camp. I have really felt like we should do something under the divine nature category, and we came up with a great theme. It's going to be YOU ARE SPECIAL, based on the book by Max Lucado This is one of my favorite books, and I think it'll be a really awesome theme. I was also lead to a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants that goes perfectly with this. "Fear not, little children, for you are mine..." I've naturally be thinking a lot about the story, relating it to gospel principles, and thinking about how to impress the message upon the minds of our Young Women. I want them to know with out a shadow of a doubt that they are God's children, that He knows them, that He loves them, and that He's there for them no matter what. That God is no respecter of persons, meaning that it's not important to Him what others think about us, so it shouldn't be important to us either. If we live our lives with His purpose and strive to be our very best, that's what really matters. I always loved how at the end of conference and other talks President Gordon B. Hinckley would remind us to do our best, but make sure it's your very best. That always made me smile, and think of how I could follow the prophets counsel.
So that brings me to my title, Faith. I was walking through the kitchen this morning and saw my Book of Mormon sitting on the counter. I haven't been reading as often as I should, or as often as I need to. I picked it up and sat in the front room next to the window in a chair, and read a passage that talks about Faith. I was enjoying the sunshine and thinking about Faith. The words to the primary song came to me..."Faith is knowing the sun will shine, lighting each new day." yes, I believe that, "Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray." yes, I believe that. "Faith is like a little seed, if planted it will grow. Faith is the swelling within my heart, when I do right I know." I think that's a wonderful analogy of Faith. I need to have more Faith in my life, for me. I can tell my Young Women that without a doubt I know that Heavenly Father loves each one of them, that He hears and answers their prayers. But do I really know that for me? Logically, yes I do. But I need to feel it in my heart. The thing is, I haven't really tried lately. I know that all I have to do is ask, and He'll be there for me. I know that. I just need to do it.
1 comment:
I really enjoyed your posting. It seems to me that when things are going smoothly to forget how important it is to communicate with our Father in Heaven. I know, at least for me, one of things that helps is to attend the temple. I have also found that when I attend the temple with a purpose in my heart it really seems to set things into motion and put my mind at ease. If you get a chance give that a try. Love ya, Lisa
Post a Comment