Monday, February 11, 2008

Poor Bailee!

Saturday we had big plans. We were either going to go sledding, OR swimming. Quite the broad spectrum there. We don't really like the snow, but I have decided that my children need to experience things in life. So, I will take Bailee sledding and endure the cold so she can decide for herself that she doesn't like the snow. Way off topic there....
Friday Bailee was a little grouchy and clingy, but she's teething so I took the opportunity to snuggle her most of the day. She woke up around 3 am and wouldn't go back to sleep, so she climbed in bed with us. After an hour I realized she was very warm and gave her some motrin. Back to bed she went. She woke up later that morning with a fever of 103. Yikes! After giving her some motrin she bounced back and was her own happy, silly, self. 4 hours later the fever was back and she wouldn't take a nap. It was too soon to give her some more medicine, so I laid on the couch with her. It was the only sleep she got, and it was restless. Luke snapped these pictures for me. As soon as she put her hands on her little cheeks I made him get the camera.


Around 7 she was extremely hot again, 103.3. I gave her some more motrin and waited to take her temp again. After 15 minutes it went up to 104. I got pretty nervous, that is really high! We called the on-call doctor and she said we should take her to the ER. So we went. The wait wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but of course by the time we saw the Dr. Bailee was herself again. Except for those rosy cheeks, those aren't typical. Poor girl had to have a straight cath, and her poor mom almost cried while holding her down. They of course said she had an ear infection and a cold. Seems like a pretty common diagnosis. But at least it wasn't something worse, and we knew it. Bailee slept from 11 pm to 11 am and skipped out on church. No fever Sunday or Monday and she seems to be fine. I really hope we don't have very many trips to the ER in our future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Bailee was sick, its always no fun and a little scarey as a parent. Glad she is feeling better now! Have you guys heard from Shane and Chelsea at all?

Katie said...

poor little girl... I feel so bad for her but her rosy cheeks and being sleeping beauty is so cute!! poor girl!