Sorry, no pictures this morning. :) It's really late (or early), and well, I should have gone to bed hours ago. BUT, I finally had the desire, energy, and time to scrapbook just because...just for me. That doesn't happen as often as I'd like. I completed 2 layouts, including journaling. I know, I can't believe it either. Now they are patiently waiting on the table for Luke to admire. He's really good at that, admiring my artwork. He even says things like "That's Gorgeous!" and "That's really cute!". Sometimes he humors me, but most of the time he really is interested. I do appreciate that, it makes me feel less guilty when I steal a few minutes here and there and hide in the scraproom. (spell check doesn't think that's a word, can we say update??) Anyways, I totally got off on a random tangent that had nothing to do with my title. So back to the topic....
Bailee used to be really, really good at going to bed. She knew the routine, we stuck to it, and it was too good to be true. Since our little trip down south, it's been a different story. Every time I mention bed or nap she's instantly hungry. Ask her what she wants...go ahead, ask her. She'll tell you "Don't know." So we run through the list of what I'm willing and able to give her. Of course she doesn't want ANY of that. At least I tried, right? We've always sung songs before bed, but I've had to put a limit on it. She gets 3 songs. When I ask what she wants to sing first, she puts up her little finger and says "Pocorn". So we sing Popcorn Popping and she does all of the actions. (she really must pay attention in nursery!) Ok, what next? The next response is "All Gone." And she puts out her hands and shrugs her little shoulders. After some deductive reasoning, I discovered that "All Gone" is Baileeism for "I am a Child of God." When I told her it's Child of God, like Child of Heavenly Father, she said..."Father, All Gone." At least I figured out what she's talking about. Last song, what'll it be? "BEAM" as she squints her eyes and bounces. A nice bouncy up-beat song to 'settle' her down before bed. Well, I can't win them all. If she doesn't start 'fake crying' (yes, she has a fake cry. Watch her sometime. She squints her left eye and watches you out of her right) immediately upon finishing "Beam", I usually sing "Pearly Shells". (I know, that's four but it's a favorite and it's calmer than BEAM". Then she really turns on the water works. Once in bed we must check to be sure each of our friends is in bed. Baby Katie (the new baby that wets...another post, another day), Other Baby (grandma gave her this one for her birthday), Duckie (from aunt Claudia Wasden) and Blankie (which she has started calling pretty blankie). If she's really trying to push my buttons she also asks for, Baby Tad, Star Puppy, and her 'friends' which consist of Mickey, Minnie, GoofGoof, Duck and Pluto. Some days there isn't enough room for her. I'll have to get a picture.
One more story, than I'm really turning in. :) Yesterday I was trying to get Bailee down for a nap. She of course told me she was hungry. She finally told me that she wanted a snack. (she says snack and does the sign for snake. Not sure how she worked that out) Ok, well what do you want for a snack? Applesauce? No. Pretzels? No. Pudding? No. Crackers? No. Cheese? No. Oatmeal? No. Cereal? NO MOM WANT A SNACK! So I finally just put her on the counter to show me what snack she wanted. She couldn't find any snacks, so she had a marshmallow.
1 comment:
Hailey went through that stage too! We're still re-adjusting, actually...But my mom always says "Just as soon as you get used to them, they are gonna change!" Good luck with Bailee! We need to get the girls together sometime soon!
Post a Comment