Monday, February 4, 2008

Las Vegas!!

Alyssa and I went to Las Vegas for a Close To My Heart Regional Conference. It was amazing! We had such a great time, and met some really neat people. We drove to Alamo, dropped Bailee off and picked up Grandma. We spent Friday in business classes and got some amazing information and ideas. I am feeling pumped up and ready to take my life and my business to the next level. Friday night was a crop, and while we didn't accomplish a lot, we had a really fun time. I was picked to be in the top 10 layout contest, so that was pretty exciting. To see the layout that I submitted go to my website. Here is me holding the top 10 sign.


Saturday started with Breakfast and meeting our new friend, Kevin. Any one who knows Alyssa also knows she can talk to anyone about anything, and is great at making new friends. Kevin was standing in line behind us waiting to be seated for breakfast. Alyssa invited him to share a table with us because there were limited tables. (I think she would have offered even in there were plenty of tables) We thoroughly enjoyed our conversation and getting to know him. Kevin is from L.A. and was in Las Vegas for a convention; he also flies a helicopter. We even talked to him about scrapbooking and Alyssa told him about Cherish and Imagine when he said the likes scrapbooking but doesn't feel he's creative enough. Kevin would like to retire, buy 5 acres somewhere quite, and be a Wal-Mart greeter. It was a very enjoyable way to start our day, and it was great to meet him.

Here we are before the meetings started. This is our new friend Jessica. She is from Las Vegas and lives near my sister, Trina. I gave her Trina's address and so she can go visit her. I told Trina that Jessica is a lot like me, so of course she would like to be friends with her. (Trina rolled her eyes at me) we had a great time getting to know Jessica!
Here we are at the end of a VERY busy and FUN day. We created 4 2 page layouts (8 total pages) and 2 cards. We came home with the instructions and product to create 2 more cards. I will be posting the artwork on my website shortly, so look for that. It was a great trip and I would love to go again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. Missed you on Saturday night but glad you got home safe.

Trevor and Lisa said...

Hey, I missed seeing you while you were down here. Your Mom said you were at meetings, it looks like you had a good time. Bailee was no trouble, I was surprised she came and sat with me so easily. She is a cutie! Let me know when you are going to be down for Easter, maybe we can get together again.