Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No pictures today. I don't want to go find the camera.....

So in case you haven't noticed the little widget to the right, we are expecting a new baby. Bailee knows she's going to be a big sister, but I don't think she really knows what that means. Every once in awhile she'll tell us she has a big sister in her tummy. She wants a 'girl' baby and even knows the name we like. Funny girl.

My parents and 2 youngest sisters are in New York this week. They are having a blast, and it's fun hearing about all the cool stuff they are doing. They sent a picture of the Statue of Liberty to our cell phone and when I showed Bailee she said "OOOO Kansas!" Kansas?? Not sure where she got that from. The fam was on the Today show this morning, so we taped it to show Luke. I paused it and asked Bailee to come and see. She looked at it and said...insert gasp "Grammy and Grammpy". She thought it was so funny.

We painted the downstairs room....well, it was mostly Luke....and we're getting ready to move some furniture around. Mom and Dad B. will be home in just under 3 weeks. I can't believe it! We are super excited.

I have been soooooo sick. I won't lie, it's been miserable. I'm open to any suggestions to help fight the nausea. I'm also pretty emotional, though I try and hide it. I am getting a little frustrated. People are going to ask me how I'm feeling, and I'm not going to tell them great when I feel like crawling in a hole. So if you don't really want to know, don't ask. And then there's the guilt trip. I know that there are people who have a really hard time getting pregnant or have never had that chance. I'm sorry, I really am. And I wish that wasn't your trial. I wish that everyone who wanted to have children could. I do feel blessed to have a beautiful daughter, and to be pregnant once again. But no one could possibly be throwing up round the clock while being happy and positive all of the time. It sucks big time, and while I am happy to be having another baby, I'm not happy to be this sick. This must be my trial. I'll learn to manage it.

10 comments:

LeMira said...

It figures that the one morning that I didn't watch the Today Show your parents were there! Sheesh, I should have watched, I would have felt special knowing someone there. And I hope you feel better soon. Pregnancy sickness is indeed no fun at all.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Sorry to delete a comment but wanted to add more. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear of the morning sickness. I have been there but not as bad. Big hugs!!

Here are things that helped me:

Ginger snap cookies
Ginger tea
Pepper tea
Hard peppermint candies

Semi Granola Mom said...

Yorks worked well for me too... must be mint huh? Frozen yorks that is.
And lots of Tums, they helped with heartburn and naseua.
~C

Aubrey said...

I've always heard that peppermint is good for an upset stomach.

A friend of mine swears by half a vitamin B6 and half a unisom. But I would take that just before bed, I've heard that works, because then you don't wake up sick. And eat little snacks/small meals all day long...so that's what I've got.

Congrats on the pregnancy! Hopefully Hailey can be a big sister soon too...

Jilyan said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! Never, Never, Never feel guilt about a blessing like a baby. Believe me I have had it and the truth is that this little spirit is being sent to your family because it should be and you just be thankful for the blessing in your life and have compassion and pray for those who are not enjoying the same blessings.

Morning sickness, who invented that name anyway, since it lasts all day and seems to be worst whenever there is something important to do. Must have been a man! Anyway, I really do find that if I eat a cracker or a mint, or even just brush my teeth before I taste my spit in the morning (does spit have a taste? pregnancy spit does) I can push through it. I also find that the more distracted I make myself the easier it is to push through it. So run like you are not sick and give in to the cravings once in a while, because sometimes that is the only thing that looks, tastes, or smells good for days in row. Good luck! Sorry it's a novella!

Tasha Stout said...

Hey girl. I'm so sorry about the sickness. I had the same problem with Mylah but luckily a friend helped me out. What she gave me was black licorice (the real kind not Twizzlers from a candy store) and I sucked on a little piece of them for a bit. I hate black licorice but this was the only thing that stopped the nausea. Good luck!

The Wents said...

I hate to say it, but nothing helps me. (I'm sure you've heard me say this before.) All the little tricks everyone seems to have are lost on me. I just feel terrible the whole day. Sleep is good. You can't throw up when your sleeping. I guess my advice is just take it one day at time, sometimes one minute at a time. Pray for endurance.

The Wents said...

And if Luke reads this....Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm Suzanne, I work with Luke, and I am totally blog stalking but I had to comment.

First of all, congratulations on the pregnancy! That is so fun, I have two just about the same ages apart.

Second of all, I was really, really sick with both of my pregnancies, but with baby #2, they finally had a drug Zofran that practically eliminated my nausea, and therefore the vomitting and misery that came with it. It was pretty pricey and not all insurances would pay for it, but now there is a generic and it's super easy to get. I'd call your Dr's office and ask for a perscription, it is HEAVEN SENT!!!

Good luck, and congrats, again!