While I was pregnant with Bailee, most nights, I'd dream of being in high school again. It was different though because we were all married and had our kids around. Weird, I know. So with this pregnancy the dreams have returned but still more different. It actually makes me miss everyone so much. I wake up wondering about those I haven't heard from or about in years, and even those who I have seen occasionally. I've been naturally reflecting on some of the things we did and some of my favorite memories.
I have a lot. We had so much fun, and it was simple. I laugh now at a particular evening when I thought the world had ended, following and argument with someone. Or all of the times Thera, Mandi and I would rush to R-Place during lunch to get milk shakes and chicken fingers....but that's not why we really went. And on the days the certain 'bus' wasn't coming through we'd spend lunch time watching our favorite scene from "10 things I hate about you." You know, the one where Heath Ledger serenades Julia stiles on the bleachers. I think my favorite times though were our 'parties'. We would just get together, usually after ball games, and play games or watch movies, wwf on the trampoline--whatever. It was so fun. And sometimes I wish that we could have that again, only different. Like the dreams, this time would include the additions to our families.
We get to hang out with Luke's friends and I love it. They remind me of my own, but it makes me homesick. So maybe sometime it'll work out for us all to get together again sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment