Saturday, December 29, 2007
Potty Training?!?!?
Well, this is for all you moms out there. Bailee has been telling me 'poo poo' when she's going for some time now. I know she's still a little young to be potty training, but since she's recognizing I thought I might as well put her on the toilet. So yesterday I did, and she screamed, but she went! I got very excited (who knew this could be an exciting event) and Bailee started clapping and saying "YEAH". (And then of course I had to call a couple of people.) Last night when Luke got home from work we ran to Wal-Mart and we decided to go ahead and get a little potty. I thought it might be a little less scary for her. She was so excited when we took it out of the box, I had to convince her to let me carry it to the bathroom. It was bath time anyways so we took her clothes off and she sat there for about 15 minutes. It was only after reminding her she could color the bath tub that I got Bailee off the potty. After a quick bath she was sitting again, for a very long time. I literally had to pull her out of the bathroom, she didn't want to leave. Today she seemed un-interested but I had already decided it's too early to really make her do this so I'm just going to see where it goes. When she told me 'poo poo' I hurried her upstairs to try. She screamed again, but once more she went. The little potty we got plays a 'royal tune' when you go, and she thought that was pretty cool. Tonight after bath time she wanted to sit on it again, so she did, and we sang the ABC's and the rainbow song each probably 100 times. I thought maybe having a nice cold glass of water would help, and sure enough it did. So yes, my almost 18 month old went on the potty twice in one day. Now I'm not naive enough to think this is going to be easy, or quick. I haven't even bought panties or pull-ups, but I think we're headed in the right direction. (I will be the last to complain if it is easy and quick.) Are you wondering where the pictures are?? I couldn't find the camera, go figure, and do you really need a visual? (Though, I think she's cute no matte what she's doing)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is awesome!! I always put Hailey on the potty, but she loses interest in about 30 seconds...maybe someday!
Wow! Pretty good! That's amazing. How's she doing now?
Post a Comment