1. Opportunity looks a lot like hard work.
2. Being smart, kind, and generous is sexy. Everything else the world calls sexy is crap.
3. Build a life. Don't live one. Build one.
He said 'Everything around us that we call life, was made by people who are no smarter than you.'
So many of the kids I know, my 7 year old included, latch on to what Hollywood tells us about life. How to dress, how to act, how to treat people. Unfortunately, most of the examples they see are not very good. We need more messages like this coming from these 'stars' that our kids look up to.
I realize that as a parent it's my job to provide good examples (from myself and those I surround myself with) for my children. Despite my best efforts, they still will also look to the world and see the good and the bad out there. I just hope I can guide them towards recognizing the good examples and steering clear of the bad.
I hope this link works. If not, just google it.
http://thenosebleeds.com/ashton-kutcher-reveals-real-name-gives-incredible-speech-at-teen-choice-awards/
No comments:
Post a Comment