Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to School!

Bai started school last Tuesday. She is in 2nd grade!! I cannot believe how fast time has gone and how much she has grown up. I'm excited for her. 2nd grade was my favorite year of grade school and Ms. Carole was my favorite teacher! 
Bai was really nervous about going back to school. She absolutely adored Mrs. Casper last year. Mrs. C moved to third grade this year, and Bailee really wanted to just skip 2nd and go to 3rd. 

Then we went to meet her teacher for a reading assessment and Bailee's reaction was classic Bai. "Mom. Ms. Pfister isn't how I thought she'd be. I actually like her."

I was a bit worried when we walked into the classroom. It was decked out in all things superhero. Maddox was in heaven. I wasn't sure what Bai was thinking. Afterwords she told me she wasn't too sure about the superhero stuff, but maybe it would be fun. 

I eavesdropped on the assessment. I think Bailee is mature and bright for her age, but I always wonder if that's just because I'm her mom. It was nice to hear Ms. P tell Bai how impressed she was with Bailee's answers and how quickly she reads. When we were leaving Ms. P told me that Bai is really bright and she would have to test her much higher the next time. I told Ms. P that she has been bored in school and I'd love any help we can get to make it better for Bai. I worry she will end up disliking school because it's boring. Hopefully we can have a great year. 

Bailee brought home her first homework packet for the year. She was super excited when she read the suggestions for studying her spelling words, and saw that one of them was to give her parents a spelling test. Lucky me! I love the different suggestions they gave, and that the instructions specifically say to let her decide how she wants to study them. I bet I take a lot of spelling tests this year!

Maddox starts school tomorrow, so I'll have to get a first day picture of him then! He will be going 4 days a week! Between school and bus time he'll be gone about 4 hours! He's really excited, mom has mixed feelings. 

No comments: