I got to the hospital yesterday morning and had a wonderful surprise! They took out the ventilator! I was so excited. Maddox was awake quite a bit and had his eyes opened for awhile. It was amazing to have him looking at me and the world around him. I loved every second. I also got to here him coo and cry. I never thought that I would look forward to the crying, but it nearly made me cry. With the vent in you could see that he was crying but no sound would come out.
And this is from Sunday with the tube still in.
Bailee got Maddox this cute Mickey Mouse so we gave it to him and of course he loves it.
The surgeon came in yesterday afternoon, Dr. AK, and gave me another explanation of the surgery. He also let us know that he'd be doing it Wednesday morning. I never thought you could be happy knowing your child was scheduled for open heart surgery, but it really is a relief to know it will be over soon. Tomorrow will be a long day, the surgery is about 6 hours, but I really look forward to the recovery and the chance to bring him home. Recovery time is expected to be from 2 1/2 weeks to a month.
Thank you so much everyone for the love and support. We have truly felt the prayers and fasting of so many. It's a feeling that I'm not sure I've felt before. We have been overwhelmed by the love that has been shown and we are so grateful to be surrounded by so many wonderful people.
Thank you so much everyone for the love and support. We have truly felt the prayers and fasting of so many. It's a feeling that I'm not sure I've felt before. We have been overwhelmed by the love that has been shown and we are so grateful to be surrounded by so many wonderful people.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, he is so cute and chubby! Seeing all these pictures brings back so many memories, like the first time I heard Hayley cry after they took her off the ventilator. It's surprising what you don't even realize what you're missing out on huh? I'm so glad you're keeping us updated! Good luck tomorrow, everything will be just fine!
Traci he is so cute he looks lik his big sister. i am so happy that hes off the ventilator. i know how you feel. i remeber going into the nicu and seeing maddi with out her cp on its a big releaf. i will be praying for you tom and maddox keep us updated. love and miss you
Post a Comment