Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bailee's Big Request

Bailee's been telling me for months that she wants earrings, and I keep telling her to talk to her dad. Then she forgets. So today after swimming she was asking again, and when I told her to talk to her dad she wanted to call him. He said ok, and she wanted to go right away. We talked about how it would hurt for a minute, and then she'd be ok. We also said that she had to use her own money (that's why she collects all of the change she does, right?).

So I took her to the mall and she picked out some pretty earrings. I gave her plenty of chances to change her mind, but she was determined.
Bailee thought it was funny to have purple dots on her ears.
She looked pretty serious the whole time, and I kept waiting for her to get scared or cry but she never did. She was so brave.
Since getting her earrings she has looked in the mirror a million times. She loves her new earrings!

5 comments:

E and J said...

They are SOOO cute!

Chelsea said...

Hey Baylee congrats on your earings!!! They look amazing!

Chelsea said...

P.S. That was Shane that posted a comment and spelled Bailee's name wrong! haha lol. Your earings look cute bae

The Wents said...

yeah for Bailee. You are such a brave little girl and they look so cute.

Annie Berntson said...

She looks so pretty! What a brave girl!