I can't believe it! Bailee turned 3 on Tuesday. Where has the time gone? She is such a beautiful, independent, smart girl. I'm so lucky to be her mommy.
1 day old
1 day oldBailee has been planning her birthday party for months now. I seriously wasn't expecting her to care about these things quite this early. But she decided she wanted to have a back yard beach party in Jackie's sand box. (aka the neighbors volleyball court). I told her it was ok with me, but she had to ask Jackie--which she did. There are many funny stories that I could tell concerning the planning of the party, but I'll spare you a novel.
About a month or so ago Bailee came to me one morning and said "Mom, I need a flamingo." My response...."What? Why do you need a flamingo?" B: "For my Beach Party." M: "Ok, well we can probably find flamingo decorations." B: "No mom, I mean a real flamingo to walk around at my party!" M: stunned silence followed by "I don't think we can even see a real flamingo in Utah, let alone get one for your party." She brought it up a few more times and I dodged the questions.
A few weeks ago we went out shopping for her party things. I wanted to have it done before girls camp, because I knew I wouldn't have time after. She picked out flamingo napkins, and paper umbrellas for her pink cupcakes. She even found Ariel cupcake papers. Her other request was a pinata. Easy enough. So we're walking through the party store and she yells "Mom, there's my flamingo pinata!". It took me awhile to figure out where she was pointing, but sure enough there was a flamingo pinata. I was happy that she was satisfied with that and forgot about the real one. She really had the whole thing worked out in her mind, right down to who she was going to invite. We made some invitations, which she picked out of a book and helped me put together, and she mailed them.
Tuesday ended up being perfect. And by the time it was party time, it was warm but overcast. The kids had a great time playing in the sand and water, and Bailee loved the pinata. Well, she loved everything about the day.
3 comments:
Oh, she is absolutely adorable!! Happy Birthday Bailee!!
Happy Birthday Bae Bae! Looks like a fun PARTAY!! Trac you are almost ready to pop! How you hanging in there?
Happy Birthday Ba. I love you
Post a Comment