Friday, September 19, 2008

Just One... and some ramblings

For the last month or so Bailee's favorite thing to eat is a slice of bread, or "Just One" as she calls it. She prefers it plain, and would eat just bread all day long if I'd let her. Almost every time we ask her what she wants to eat she replies, "Just one". I've been wondering where she picked that up from; it's cute but kind of random. Or so I thought. Bailee, as most young children do, repeats what I say and remembers a lot more than I give her credit for. So we were in Sacrament meeting on Sunday and as the bread came to our row, Luke leaned over to Bailee and said "Just one Bailee." I had an ah ha moment. We tell her that every week!

I don't believe I've posted this cute story; if I have, forgive me. :)
In August sometime we were at Wal-mart and all of the school stuff was on display. We walked past a row of scissors and Bailee said "Look, safety scissors". We had to stop and look at them. Mickey Mouse talks about safety scissors, so I knew that's where she picked it up from. So I asked her "Bailee, how did you get so smart?" She looked at me in all seriousness and said "I go to Grandpa's house to get smart." (Could it be that while at Grandpas house he lets her watch Mickey Mouse as much as she wants? Who knows)

Nothing new and exciting going on in our family. Just watching Bailee learn and grow up way to fast! She constantly amazes me. I'm so grateful to be able to stay home and play with her. Even on days like this when she wakes up early, doesn't take a nap, and walks around singing 'OOOOOO OOOOOO' or howling like a wolf non-stop. She's taught me a lot about being patient, trust, faith, and total innocence. I love it.

Tomorrow I have a Close To My Heart party. I'm really excited, I love doing parties and meeting new people. When I signed up 3 years ago I thought I'd try it out and pay for my own scrapping supplies. Now I absolutely love my classes and club and the ladies that come. It's a break for me and tons of fun (work's not supposed to be this fun). I haven't done a party in awhile so I'm happy to start that up again. I'm so excited about the new fall catalog, I can't wait to show it off!

3 comments:

E and J said...

Your stories were so cute I had to read them out loud to Jason! What a cutie!

Annie Berntson said...

Bailee is so adorable! I love hearing about all the cute stuff she's doing. It makes me miss that stage in my kids lives. I think I need another little one! ;)

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

Those are cute stories Traci. I love these kids and what we learn from them is amazing. It's awesome you love what your doing with Close to My Heart too. You're definitely gifted there.