So I saw this recipe and decided to give it a try. We had it for dinner tonight, and it was so amazingly good. (and easy too!)
Pork roast
2 small cans El Pato Tomato sauce (found in the Mexican food isle)
1 large can tomato sauce
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
Cook Pork roast in crockpot with about 1/4 cup water till tender. (I cooked my 4 lb roast on low for about 6 hours and then on high for about 2 and it was perfect.) Remove roast, drain juices, remove fat and shred. Dump the tomato sauces and brown sugar into the crockpot, stir together and add shredded pork back in. Cook a few hours more on low.
Serve with Rice:
(I made this in my rice cooker)
white rice (I used 2 cups)
chicken broth (I used 4 cups)
1 can green enchilada sauce
lime juice
cilantro, chopped
Cook rice in chicken broth. Mix 4 cups cooked rice with 1 can enchilada sauce. Add a little bit of lime juice and cilantro (amount depends on how much you like!)
Serve pork and rice on a flour tortilla along with black beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, or whatever other toppings you like. Then drizzle with ranch (trust me it's good!)
And here is the recipe for dressing I used.
Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Dressing
2 cup mayo
2 cup sour cream
10 spring of cilantro
1 package of ranch dressing
4 T salsa Verde (green salsa)
2 cloves of garlic
1/8 t Tabasco sauce
juice of one lime....
(that was the true recipe. this is what I did)
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
cilantro to taste. I started by adding about 1/3 of a bunch.
1/2 package of ranch dressing
a couple of shakes of garlic powder (probably a teaspoon)
no Tabasco sauce (I didn't have any)
juice of one lime
salsa Verde... I didn't have any, so I actually used green taco sauce.
So the cilantro and the salsa Verde I just kept adding until it tasted right to me.
I got these recipes from The Little Piggy food blog. There's lots of good things to try on there!
2 comments:
Looks good. I have one similar to this on my recipe blog. Seems that there are a lot of different ones and they all taste so good. If only I could get a recipe for Tepenyaki. That would be good!
I use to have some of these recipes and lost them. They will come in handy when we are living in kanab and I can't easily get some.
Post a Comment