Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Breaking Dawn and a new CTMH Idea Book

2 book reviews, no spoilers.We joked about showing up to a release party decked out in our wedding dresses, then we all decided we'd rather sleep. I was going to run down to walmart at midnight and snatch up a copy, but when I called to ask if they were going to have it (dumb question, I know) the lady told me we could start lining up at 9, buy at midnight, and were limited to 1 copy. Well, I needed 2. I still thought about going, right up until 11:45, and then I must have fallen asleep. But when I did go and get it around 7:30 the next morning, I started it right away. I just couldn't put it down. My poor family probably felt neglected, and I was a terrible host. Lucky for me, Nicole was here and she was just as engrossed with it as I was. So I finished a little after midnight, taking a few breaks here and there...I did have to feed the humans. :) And I must say I am surprisingly happy and surprised about the ending. I had a few concerns about the way that it would end, but I think that everyone who loves this saga will be happy. I can't say much more than that without ruining it, but if you haven't read this series, you should!

Last week, was also the Close To My Heart convention in Orlando. Since I wasn't there I was pretty much glued to the computer, starting on Wednesday, waiting for any little tid bit of information. I was not disappointed here, either. The time for a new Idea Book is a time of much suspense and anxiety for me. In the days before it arrives you can find me checking out the window every time I hear a noise, and compulsively checking my reports to see if they've shipped. Then when they are finally dropped at my doorstep there is a huge sigh of relief. Seriously, 5 years ago I would have never thought I could get this excited about scrapbooking or the product. Now I'm pretty much obsessed. So the new book is beautiful, and there are a ton of super fun products. I can't wait for the September Release so I can share it with everyone! At this point the only way to get your hands on a copy or the new product is to sign up as a consultant. That's where the really good news comes in. The kit is now just $99 for almost $300 in product! And you have the option of adding a scrapbooking bundle and/or a card making bundle for half price. Amazing! The new book and new changes have me really pumped up about my job. If you can even call it that! I am still amazed that I get paid to do something that I love!

5 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

ha, my sisters are huge fans, but I haven't gotten into the series, though I did read the last chapter as we were delivering the book, so I would know how it ends and tease my youngest sister about having that knowledge :)

You are right the CTMH books are awesome, I am stoked too!


~C

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

Didn't know you were such a fan. I guess I need to just freaking read those eh!?

Tasha Stout said...

I loved Breaking Dawn too! I also was concerned how she was going to take care of everything but everything turned out perfect!!! I couldn't have been happier with the ending!

Nicole B. said...

Thanks so much for picking up the book for me!! I decided to read it again, I am going to take my time this time.

Nicole B. said...

Thanks so much for picking up my book! I ended up loving it of course.