Sunday, January 13, 2008

A little shock....

I serve as the Young Women secretary in our ward. I LOVE this calling. I have had so much fun getting to know some amazing young women. Recently 2 jobs were added to my list. Camp Director and Laurels teacher. Anyone who has ever had anything to do with planning girls camp will be shocked at this....I was way more nervous to teach every other Sunday than to plan girls camp. So, today was my first official time teaching the Laurels. I had read the lesson several times and knew it would be short. But I really wasn't worried, I knew it would work out. I wasn't even nervous, that should have been my first clue. During our opening exercises we had a visitor slip in. She told us that she had gone to another ward building but it didn't feel quite right so she came to ours and it felt right. Her name? Susan W. Tanner. Sister Tanner is the General Young Women's president, which means she's over the young women in the whole church...world wide. What an awesome (and I mean that in the huge, overwhelming sense) job. I did secretly hope she would go to class with the beehives/mia maids, but I am glad she came to our class. We had an incredible lesson, and it was not anything I did or said. We were truly taught and touched by the Spirit of God. The Lord knew Sister Tanner would be with us today, though neither she nor we knew. I am still overcome by the incredible feelings that were shared and felt as we sat as Daughters of God and discussed ways to draw near to our Savior. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God loves each one of us, His children. We are all His children and if we stay close to Him we can be guided by His loving hand. I am so grateful to be a member of His church, and that He has blessed us with a living Prophet. I know that He guides and directs His church here on earth and that some day I will get to return to Him. I love the Lord and His Son, my Savior Jesus Christ with all of my heart.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

That is AMAZING Traci! I would have been soooooo nervous! I have a friend who for 2 of his kids baby blessing had a general authority stand in the circle with him!

melissa said...

Wow, I can't imagine. The girls make me nervous enough. I can't believe all the callings that you have!

Melisa Coon