Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Quietness

It's so quiet at my house right now. Both of the kids are at school, and I'm laying in bed doing another round of IV fluid. I'm not much of a tv watcher, and we don't have a DVD player or netflix access in our room. So I've been reading blogs and playing dice with friends. Thinking about the things I'd rather be doing, thinking a about what I'm grateful for, reminding myself that things could be so much worse. 

I guess I should try and eat something. The problem is that when I think about food, I think about how it's going to come up. Makes a person not really anxious to eat. It's better when it appears and I don't have time to think. 

I know this can't last forever. I hope it doesn't last the entire time this baby is cooking. Poor Maddox keeps asking me if I feel better. When I tell him no, he wants to know why. I've been pretty careful not to make it sound like the baby makes me sick. I don't want the older two to think it's her fault. It's not. It's just how my body reacts to all of the hormones.

 I still don't think it's fair to be so sick when I'm doing something good. I will have to get over that though. At some point I will enjoy the pregnancy. I'm afraid it'll be the last. I don't think any of us could do this again. 

It'll be worth it. All of this will be forgotten when I hold this sweet baby in my arms. 32 weeks to go. 

No comments: