Yesterday was the best. Really, it was. Mothers day really started last Sunday though. The first thing Bailee said to me after primary last Sunday was "Mom, I didn't make ANYTHING for you for Mother's day today. Nothing." I got a good chuckle out of that. Than on Thursday she went for her weekly play date and came home with her hands behind her back saying "Mom, I didn't make ANYTHING for you at K's house today. D and K made magnets and bookmarks for their mommies, but I just played." Followed by giggling and her bedroom door closing so she could hide what she didn't make. Cute. Since then, at least a few times a day, she's been sure to remind me that she didn't make me anything for Mother's day, always followed by a "Sorry, maybe next time." When I suggested that she still had time, she waved me off and said "No, no. Not this year." Saturday Morning Bailee and Daddy had to go to the store, but of course she was sure to inform me that they weren't going to buy me or grandma anything.
Imagine my surprise when she 'woke' me up yesterday morning with a giggle and a package. Can you believe that Bailee tricked me? She really did make me a magnet and bookmarks. Next they brought me (and Grandma B) breakfast in bed; a blueberry muffin and orange Julius. Yummy. They also got me a beautiful hanging plant for the porch. After church Bailee gave me a cute flower that she made in primary (that's what she didn't make last week.) and we went to M and J's home for dinner. Fajitas. Yummy again. And of course the best part, guacamole. It was a really fun day, and I loved how excited Bailee was about it. First thing this morning though, she reminded me that it's not mother's day anymore. Sigh. I guess the other 364 days of the year roles are reversed and I get to spoil her.
No comments:
Post a Comment