Saturday, May 22, 2010

Good bye freedom, Hello isolation!

Maddox has a double ear infection, again. This is the SEVENTH since March. SEVEN double ear infections! I took him to the dr. on Tuesday, as I posted, and was not surprised at all for this diagnosis. We got an antibiotic, with a refill to take with us on our trip, and figured a day or so and he'd be back to normal. (whatever that is!) Well, Thursday he wasn't feeling well and neither was I. So we laid around all day. He didn't sleep well that night, and ran a fever all day Friday. It was managed ok with motrin and tylenol, but wasn't getting any better. So, at 3 this morning I took him into the ER. They gave him another dose each of tylenol and motrin, and once the fever broke we were sent home with a prescription for a stronger antibiotic. He has slept most of the day today, so that's a good sign. He must be feeling enough better that he can catch up. Too bad Luke and I can't.

On Wednesday we had an appointment with an ENT and are going to get tubes put in his ears. BUT, Maddox can not have a cough or be sick when they put him under anesthesia. So somehow we've got to keep him well long enough to get the tubes in. I'm sure they will help a ton!

We hardly take him anywhere to begin with, but we decided that he's not leaving the house and no one is coming over for the next 2 weeks. We're really praying that this will help. It better, I'm at the end of my rope and I don't know what else to do! Enjoy the pics below!

2 comments:

Tasha Stout said...

Good luck. I am so sorry that all that sickness is getting you guys. I hope things go better!

Trevor and Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, seven double ear infections since March!! We've only had one in 10 months and that was enough for me! That poor boy, and you poor parents. I'm so sorry, I hope he gets better soon.