since Maddox has been to a Dr. Guess how we are celebrating? An un planned trip to the Dr. He is sick AGAIN! Short of keeping him in a bubble, I don't know what else to do! This is the cycle; Ear infection-causes drainage, causes cough, causes throwing up, causes no sleep; Dr. give Antibiotic; day 2 of Antibiotic Maddox feels great; take Antibiotic for 10 days; 2 days after Antibiotic is done goopey eye returns; 3 days after A, runny nose returns, causes cough, causes throwing up, causes no sleep; Off to see Dr. again.
Could we have a years supply of antibiotics please???
On the up side, Maddox is 10 months old! Some days, I really can't believe it! There was a time that I wasn't sure he'd make it this far. I am so glad he's still with us! We pray that he'll be with us for a long time.
At 10 months Maddox is 20 lbs., he's been wavering on and off the 20 lb. mark for a month because of the sickies.
He is sitting up really good, and doesn't topple over as much.
He can roll over, but doesn't unless he really really wants something.
He is working on getting himself in and out of sitting.
He is starting to eat solids a little better, but still hates anything that is too thick.
He is the happiest kid ever, and smiles and giggles a lot.
He loves Bailee, and can't wait to chase her around. He loves her reaction, and is already starting to tease her.
As you can see, Maddox is a little behind in the gross motor skills area. Totally expected, he's had his chest opened 3 times already! We are working with a physical therapist though, and since we've started that he's making great progress. Maddox truly is a miracle, and we are so grateful to have him in our home.
4 comments:
Traci, i'm so sorry he is sick again. That boy needs a longer break. He sure is a cuttie though. I love all his smiles and giggles even when he is sick, He always looks so happy.
I can't wait to see that little miracle babe! Hang in there... all of you! Love you!
I can't believe he is sick again. He looked so good on Saturday. It's amazing how fast they can get sick and then get over it.
He is a miracle and what a privelge it is to know you and him!
By the way. . .LOVE your blog background :0) I will have to have you down to pick some cherries in our orchard in early July.
(HUGS)
(HUGS)
Bummer he's sick! I don't know how you do it... The few sickies we've had here have been too many! I hope he gets feeling better soon and stays that way. Your right, he is a miracle and a little trooper. Hugs, Lisa
Post a Comment