I realized that I haven't posted an update about Maddox's surgery. Wednesday, on my way home from little Abel's funeral, I got the call.
We are moving forward with the stage 2 Glenn surgery. We will take Maddox in on Friday (Dec. 4th, also Luke's birthday) for the Cath Lab. Then on Monday the 7th, he'll have his pre-op appointment and bright and early on the 8th we'll hand our little guy over to Dr. Kaza for a few hours.
Bitter sweet. I am thankful that Maddox is able to have the surgery, and that we all are on the same page feeling like it's time. But as I sit here holding him while he's sleeping so peacefully, it's hard to imagine him going through another open heart surgery. 4 1/2 months old and preparing to be opened for the 3rd time. Makes me queasy.
I keep hoping for one more giggle, even if it's in his sleep. I hold him longer while he's sleeping. I try not to think of the days in the oh so near future when the only thing I'll be able to do to comfort him is rub his head and be there for him to see me. Or will that make it worse. Mostly we are going to enjoy some quiet family time in the next 9 days and continue cherishing each moment.
For those who are willing, we will be having a special fast for Maddox next Sunday. We are so grateful for all of the fasting and prayers that have been given on his behalf the past few months. We have seen miracles large and small and appreciate so much the faith of our friends and family.
2 comments:
I will be praying for you guys. I can't imagine what you are going through and the strength that you have. I know that it seems overwhelming, but you guys are so strong and the Lord hears your prayers and loves you. This trial seems difficult right now, but you will get through it and know that you are in the Lord's hands. We love you and admire your strength.
Good luck with surgery! My son, Grant, had his Glenn in August. We had such a rocky beginning (2 months in the hospital and 3 subsequent hospitalizations after that)that I expected the worse. We were home in a week (and a few of our heart friends that same week went home in 4-5 days)!! Hopefully Maddox will do great and you will all be home by the weekend!
Alli
IHH
Post a Comment