I am so happy to have Bailee back! That was like the longest 2 weeks of my life! I told her she couldn't go back to Grammy and Grampy's without me again until she is at least 6.
Today she told me that she misses them and wants to go visit again. But "Just for 6 weeks this time." Six weeks??? Are you kidding me??? She obviously doesn't have a clear concept of time.
So tonight Bailee and I went to a wedding reception. Our conversation went like this.
Mom: Bailee, let's go to the wedding now.
Bailee: Will she have her own handsome prince?
Mom: Yes, she will.
Bailee: What's his name?
Mom: (tells Bailee his name.)
Bailee: Well that's a weird name for a handsome prince.
later at the wedding--
Bailee: Is that true love?
Mom: What?
Bailee: That boy and girl right there (points to the couple at our table). Is that true love?
Mom: I guess so.
Bailee: Are they going to get married today too?
Mom: I think they are already married.
Bailee: Oh, did we go to their wedding too?
Mom: No, I've never seen them before.
Bailee: Aww man! I wanted to go to their wedding too!
This little girl is OBSESSED with anything to do with getting married. She thinks all brides are princess' (they are of course) and all grooms are handsome princes' (most of them are...). Several months ago Bailee kept telling us she didn't want to get baptized because she would get water in her eyes. Since we have another 5 years before we really need to have that conversation, and I knew she'd get over by then, we didn't try and change her mind. Until one night after she'd told us at least a dozen times. I finally said "Well, if you don't get baptized, you can't get married in the temple." Of course from that time on she can't wait to get baptized so she can get married in the temple. If she's this obsessed with it now, heaven help me when she's older!
1 comment:
How cute! She is hilarious!
Post a Comment