First....I'm giving away a free stamp set from Close To My Heart. To find out how to win it, visit my website and check out the March Newsletter posted on the Calendar Page. You've only got a few more days to win, so go there now!
Last year on my friend Ker's blog she shared their tradition of Leprechaun traps. Their family has tons of fun traditions for holidays, and I decided I wanted to start some of our own. Bailee was too young to care and it was after St. Patrick's day when I read about it, so I wrote it in my 'to do' binder and have been waiting for a year. This year we've got our friend Moses with us during the mornings. I've slacked a ton and let them watch too much TV the past few months. But now that I'm feeling so much better I've wanted to turn the tv off and do some other stuff. Today I found a pattern for a Leprechaun online and we made some cute Leprechauns to hang up. What I learned?? Bailee's still to young to play with glue. I did all of the cutting, but the kids did all the drawing and Moses glued his together by himself. It was super fun and cut out 1 1/2 hours of tv. Tomorrow I think we'll make pots o' gold, and then Monday we're going to make Leprechaun traps. I'd love to hear any holiday traditions you all have!
Last year on my friend Ker's blog she shared their tradition of Leprechaun traps. Their family has tons of fun traditions for holidays, and I decided I wanted to start some of our own. Bailee was too young to care and it was after St. Patrick's day when I read about it, so I wrote it in my 'to do' binder and have been waiting for a year. This year we've got our friend Moses with us during the mornings. I've slacked a ton and let them watch too much TV the past few months. But now that I'm feeling so much better I've wanted to turn the tv off and do some other stuff. Today I found a pattern for a Leprechaun online and we made some cute Leprechauns to hang up. What I learned?? Bailee's still to young to play with glue. I did all of the cutting, but the kids did all the drawing and Moses glued his together by himself. It was super fun and cut out 1 1/2 hours of tv. Tomorrow I think we'll make pots o' gold, and then Monday we're going to make Leprechaun traps. I'd love to hear any holiday traditions you all have!
Check out Kaboose for some great holiday and everyday activites and coloring pages!
4 comments:
Where do you get the fun ideas for the holidays?
That is very cute. Iv been trying to do some more creative stuff here too! I put away the xbox and all the playstation games. That was all they wanted to do.
Hey glad you liked my idea....make sure you get some gold coins and set the trap the night before. Fill it with FUN stuff from the Leprechauns....Hey I need your phone # I need some help with some CTMH stuff.
Those leprechauns are adorable! I wish I had more energy/motivation to do stuff like that with my kids. ;)
Post a Comment