I feel like this week has gone on forever! Not sure why, maybe it's the extra hours that Luke's been working. Or just being pregnant and tired. Who knows. But I'm glad that it's the weekend. Maybe it will feel like the weekend when Luke gets home from work.
We did make Leprechaun traps (or tracks, as Moses called them) on Monday and set them out Monday night. The kids didn't catch a Leprechaun, but they did score some gold chocolate coins. That silly Leprechaun must have heard one of the gazillion times that Moses told me that gold chocolate coins were his favorite treat. Bailee didn't care what the wrapper was, as long as there was chocolate inside. So we had chocolate for breakfast. I tried to make Bailee green eggs and green milk for breakfast but she insisted on purple eggs and chocolate milk. Before lunch we frosted some cookies green and white....it was such a mess and I didn't get a picture. Maybe next year she'll get the whole 'green' thing. I'll post some pics of the traps another day, I'm not sure where the camera is.
Actually, I'm not sure where anything is these days. I forgot how scatterbrained being pregnant makes me. It seems I'm always looking for something....keys, phone, Bailee....well it's not that bad, yet. :) I have a little song that I sing when I'm looking for Bailee, and she can't help but say "Here I am Mom!" Such a cute girl. She doesn't call the baby Tokyo anymore, and never mentions that she wants a sister. I am trying to be more careful about focusing too much on the baby. When we go to a store that has a baby item I want to look at, I make sure we look at the big girl stuff too. That balance seems to help. I actually crocheted a blanket for our little guy, and Bailee kept asking if it could be for her. Telling her that this was for brother and hers was upstairs wasn't working. Until I actually got hers out and told her how special it was. Now she has to sleep with her 'special' blanket. (or 3 special blankets....)
The baby is growing and moving. It brings happiness and sadness at the same time. A recent family trial has really made me more grateful for this pregnancy--including the prior sickness, and more aware of this baby. Every time he moves I feel happy for me and extremely sad for someone I love. 2 weeks later and I still don't know what to say except that we love you guys a ton.
We are sure loving this warm weather! It was in the 70's yesterday and we're supposed to have a repeat today. Too bad we're expecting Rain and Snow next week. I'm so ready for SUMMER! I can't wait for the sun to be out all of the time, and it to be really hot. I may re-think this statement at the end of June when I'm packing this extra body heat. Thank heaven for air conditioners, swimming pools, and living in the basement. :)
3 comments:
You're a good mom, Traci. (And will be also to this new little guy!) I hope your family member is doing well. Say hi to Luke for me.
I can second the scatterbrained thing! I swear I am losing it! You're lucky though, I'm as far along in my pregnancy as you have left in yours! Did that even make sense? Probably not, just chalk it up to my brain not working.
You are too cute!! I am glad that I got to sit and chat with you for awhile the other night at the meeting!!
Post a Comment