There are times I've felt so strongly about something that seems illogical to those around me, only to realize later how important it was for me to hold onto that conviction. I'm grateful to a loving Father in Heaven who has blessed me with that ability to trust Him and His timing.
This sweet baby was due yesterday. The last two weeks I've been feeling a bit of pressure, from my doctor and others around me, to be induced because it fits in their schedules. My doctor has been gone the last two weekends, but wants to be here for the birth. My parents came early to help, and they've been a huge help. I just had an unexplained hesitancy to be induced before my due date. Not because I was worried about the baby's health, not because I am against being induced, not even because of the extra painful contractions I have heard accompany induction. Just because there seemed to be a reason.
The reason became clear on Friday as we worked on some insurance options. It will be better for us financially to have this baby in June. As we figured this out, I was overcome by the wisdom of my Heavenly Father and His care and concern for us. It was and is another testament that He does know us and our needs...both spiritual and temporal. I'm so very grateful for Him and his love for me and my family.
I am anxious to meet this new little one. I go into the dr tomorrow, unless he comes tonight, and we'll schedule that induction. The hesitancy is gone. I can't wait to hold him and for Luke and the kids to meet him. I've had him to myself (at least on this side of the veil) for the last 40 weeks, but I suppose it's time to share. The next blog will have pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment