Thursday, April 24, 2014

A war with no winners

Sometimes you end up in the middle of a conflict by no fault of your own. With family and friends on both sides, and no clear solution. Trying to stay out of it and not have an oppinion seems impossible, but is exactly where you want to be. Times like this, it would be nice if everything were black and white. Choices would be clear cut and easy, and perhaps there would be a clear winner. 

Some conflicts are easy for me to chose a side and feel good about it. Others, it tears me a part. There are two such battles raging around me right now, and I feel torn between the good on all sides. My first instinct is to ignore the whole situation. Unless I'm forced to make a decision, I won't express any oppinion. However, in these two battles I feel the need to look deep inside and find out where I stand. For no other reasons than to have inner peace right now, as well as to know where I stand if forced to chose a side. 

It's hard though, even firmly believing in the side I choose, to be opposite of people I love and respect. There's really no winners when both sides believe they are right and will not even consider the opposite view. I wish it were as easy as taking the good parts of both sides. Maybe that's where I stand. Not on one side of the fence or the other, but on a third side of a triangle where compromise exisists. 

No comments: