Monday, April 7, 2014

General Conference

Maddox strung beads for more than an hour. Seriously can't believe it!
Pinterest has so many awesome ideas for everything. I actually put many to use, and while it took prep time, after one session it was worth it!

The supplies basket included glue, scissors, pencils, markers, crayons, string, beads, and some 'draw the speaker' pages. The idea behind the beads was that each color represents a topic and you create a bracelet. Maddox seriously just loved stringing them. Bai wants to create one later. 
This basket has 15 ziplock bags with different treats and activities. Each has a photo of one of the apostles or member of the first presidency. When they speak, the kids get to choose that bag. 

My cute girl!

The bonus basket has other treats and snacks. They are for bingo prizes and the speakers who don't have a bag. 
Bai wanted a binder like mom's to take notes. I am super impressed with the things she chose to write down. 
Maddox doesn't sit still very often. One thing I read was a family that tells their kids they can run around during the songs. I tried that, not really expecting it to make a difference, but it did!! He played basketball during the songs and was pretty quiet otherwise. 

Cutting and gluing!!! Ok, so maybe most of the activities I chose were a ploy to work on some occupational therapy. But he didn't know that! Overall, we had a wonderful time listening to conference. I think these activity bags will become a new tradition. 

On Saturday, especially, my soul was fed and my testimony strengthened. I'm looking forward to listening to all of the talks again in the coming months. 

Conference is such a blessing in my life, and a real source of personal revelation. I am so grateful to have a living prophet here on the earth, to lead and guide the Savior's church, under the Savior's direction. 

No comments: