Thursday, February 27, 2014

Nesting...a new experience

This pregnancy has shown me a new side of nesting. It's been different for sure. With Bai, I was working full time and we lived in a little apartment. With Maddox, I was determined to spend as much time with Bailee as I could. (That turned out to be a bigger blessing than I could have known.) This time around I have 4 hours of being alone 4 days a week. I try and get some work done in the mornings, but mostly I have this insane desire to organize and complete projects. Like this:


 Anyone who's been in my office/craft room in the last 3 years will be shocked. Look, there's carpet! It no longer looks like a paper bomb went off. I was having a hard time making calls and working with the huge mess behind me. It's so much nicer to be in there now. 

And this...

Minus the ball basket being tipped over, the playroom is clean, organized, and useable. It got disrupted a couple of years ago when we had my sister and then cousin live with us for short periods of time. The toys were returned to the room, but unorganized and mostly unaccessible. There was grumbling and wondering about why the kids never played with the toys, and talk of just getting rid of all of them. However, the whole family pitched in to clean and organize, and now that they can get to the toys and they remember what they have, they both have spent a lot more time playing, and much less time watching tv.  

I (almost) finished organizing the boys closet and am so much happier with it! I am just going to add a shelf or two to the side of the closet to hold lotion, wipes, etc. I also saw this really cute pegboard idea with baskets to hold diapers and other essentials. Hopefully that will get finished in the next month. 



I put together this quilt for baby. It's the first time I've used minky fabric, and a first for ribbon binding. I learned a few things that will help me put Maddox's together a little easier. I think I need to add a few hidden ties to hold the layers together, but mostly, I'm pleased with the result. 

 
This is the quilt top for Maddox. He chose blue minky for the back, and I am planning on doing blue ribbon for the binding. Maddox is pretty excited for it to be finished. His is of course bigger, but I think it'll go together more quickly now that I practiced on the crib one. 

My next organizing project is this:


We have a lot of books! Love that! But I think I'll move the shelves to the playroom and of course reorganize them. 

I also started this:


The kitchen will be getting a paint job in the near future. I have a lot of prep work to do first though, and there's only so much I can do myself. I will not be standing on the half wall and leaning over to remove that wallpaper.... 


I am hoping to be done with the kitchen project by my birthday. Which is about a month before baby comes. We shall see. 

In other news, 

Are these yours?? I can't find the owner. So if you recognize them...


No comments: