I don't chrochet a lot, but I have made each of my kids an afghan. Here is baby boys. It took me forever to decide on colors. I love how it turned out!
This is Maddox's. I love his, too.
And here is Bailee's. I actually made hers while I was in highschool. I think it may have been a young women's project.
My mom taught me basic chrochet and a granny square. She doesn't read patterns, she either figures it out by looking at it, or someone shows her. I am quite opposite. I want step by step instructions, and a pattern to follow. Classic example of very different learning styles.
I was able to find a pattern for both of the boys afghans and figure them out. I love that all three are different. The colors of the boys coordinate. I wanted them to match their room. I also really don't like baby themed or colored things for boys. Weird. I know.
It worked out well for Maddox. I didn't buy anything that was light blue before he was born. Afterwards, I wouldn't put him in blue. It looked terrible on him. He was blue enough by himself. I loved him in red, brown, and darker orange. I still prefer those colors, though BYU blue is okay.
With this baby I've been drawn to navy blue and green. Like this:
Luke's not a fan of matching, but how cute will my three boys be in these ties in blessing day? I told him he could live with it for one day.
I survived the glucose test! I have one more 4-week appointment and then will start the 2-week appointments. Time is moving on! I'm really getting excited for this little one, and the upcoming summer.




No comments:
Post a Comment