I was just looking at the reporting features of blogger. I don't think I realized how much information they capture. I find it really odd that the country with the 2nd highest readership of our blog is Russia. Who in Russia is reading our blog?
Anyways.... I am so ready for Summer. I can't wait to be sitting in the back yard, soaking up the SUN! There's still snow on the ground from Christmas and I wish it would all melt away. Although, I see tail feathers sticking up from a mound under the tree and while I feel sad for the poor bird, I hope something else decides to eat it and carry it away soon. Rodents and birds are top of my list of things that just gross me out. Dead or Alive. Ick.
This inversion is killing me. Every time I go outside I can feel the tightening in my lungs and I have a cough. It's been making Maddox and Bailee cough for the last couple of weeks too. Until today they hadn't had any other symptoms and their lungs are clear so I've been relieved. Now Maddox has a bit of a runny nose though and his SATS have dropped a little. I don't think it's possible that things will warm up enough to clear out the nastiness, so I guess I'll have to pray for a winter storm to blow it out.
Everyone is doing well though! It's amazing to see the kids learning so much and growing up. Although I keep telling them to please stop growing up and stay my babies forever. Bailee usually has to remind me, eye rolling included, that it'll be a long time before she has to move out. And besides, she wants to live in the house next to us so she won't be far. I guess she figures that's long enough that one of our neighbors will want to move.
Speaking of things they are learning. Bailee has been learning all about penguins this month in school. She soaks up information like a sponge! Then she spouts off facts like it's no big deal. I wish my brain retained information like that! This morning as we were eating waffles for breakfast, she explained to me about a very big word. That word is 'regurgitation'. She told me the whole process and how penguin parents use the method to feed their young. Needless to say, my appetite disappeared. It didn't seem to phase her though, she kept chowing down on those waffles. She also told me that the mommy penguins lay the eggs and then leave for 2-3 months while the daddy penguins carry the eggs. A 2-3 month vacation? Sounds kind of nice right now. Though I won't be going diving in the Arctic any time soon. Hawaii is sounding like a good alternative. Also, I don't really want to go without Luke. I guess I don't want to be a penguin.
Or maybe I do. The 'chicks' are squawking about who mom's going to read to first. I better get started so I can hibernate at 9 and watch my favorite show.
No comments:
Post a Comment