Tuesday, October 20, 2009

5 things to share

Bailee and I made homemade Drumsticks, you know the ice cream ones that are so yummy! Thanks to Kinsey for posting this great idea. Go here to see their creations and for step by step directions and pics.

I was preparing for my last YW lesson and was lead to this amazing talk by President Ucthdorf. It really helped me last week, and was just what I needed that day. I am sad to be released from YW, but I know it's the right thing for now. I really loved the girls and leaders, and am so grateful for being able to get to know them all! And I'm super sad to miss girls camp next year.

Luke was called to serve in the YM organization as the Teachers adviser, and released as a Sunday School teacher. I was now without a calling, and accepted the call to teach his class. It's a little scary to think that next year we'll be studying the bible. I don't know why that intimidates me, but it does. But I'm sure I'll learn something. So in preparation for my first time teaching this class, I was reading in D&C. The first scripture I read was this. The line that stuck out to me the most was "but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear". Crazy. I need this lesson too! It's something that I've been thinking a lot about lately and have seen this come to pass in my life. We've been truly blessed by trying our hardest to be prepared in all aspects of our lives. At this time, I'm especially grateful in the financial area. We've been saving what we can for a few years in order to buy a home, but when Maddox was born and we were surprised with some extra medical expenses, it was nice to know we would be ok. It wasn't what we had planned for, but we were prepared, and I'm grateful for that.

The moving and packing and shuffling and projects continue. Yesterday we moved entertainment centers, tv's, bedroom furniture, and couches. Thanks to Luke and Jake for the heavy lifting! Now the kids have a play room/guest room and Bailee thinks it's awesome. Mom and Dad S. are coming this weekend to help with floors and some other projects. I'll be glad to be done with the big projects and to finally get organized. I'll get some more pics posted as we finish some of these things up. We are sad to think about Mom B. leaving, but are happy that she'll at least be here a few days a week the next few months.

Trials. We all have them. I've learned a lot about them the past few months, and even the past few days. I think the most important thing I've learned is that no one's trials are the same, and none are harder or easier than another. They're just different. I've seen and learned some pretty hard things the past few months, and I'm grateful for mine....or I'd rather have mine than someone else's. And you can't pray them away, this is what life is all about. I wish I could take Maddox's heart issues away, but I know that we've all be blessed because of them. This is one special little boy, and I'm so grateful for him and all that comes with being his mommy.

2 comments:

E and J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
E and J said...

I am so inspired by you. I'm sorry the trials seem to keep coming. We are thinking about you and hope all is well.