Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Still here, or there, or somewhere in between.....

I really thought my next blog would be that we were moved out of PICU and into a regular room. But I suppose some of you will want an update anyways....

So Maddox is doing awesome. He is still breathing faster than they would like, but what else is new. I think his breathing slowed a little after they took him off the high-flow oxygen, it was pretty irritating for him. Who likes air blown up their nose and random squirts of water in the nose and eyes?? Anyways, they have him on 100% oxygen right now, which is what he would come home on, and he's doing well with that. I need to get a picture of him today, not wrapped up, so you can see that he looks like a baby now. Compared to when he had his surgery, he has like no tubes. Just his oxygen and feeding tube. So that's exciting.

Today they may move him from picu to the floor, but we'll see. I'm trying to be patient, that's the next step though. And the one thing that's in between picu and coming home. Just waiting for a call from the nurse to see what the plan for the day is.

Bailee got to hold Maddox on Sunday and she was thrilled. She would have held him for hours if she could have. Now she's even more excited for 'her' baby to come home. No pictures today, but I'll put some more soon.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Good to hear. I bet Bailey was so excited! How cute!

Nicholle said...

Just wanted you to know that I have been thinking a lot about you and praying for you too!