Sunday, November 2, 2008

What a weekend...

Well, as you can see we've been very busy the last few weeks. I was changing our calendar to November this morning and writing in what's coming up. Its not slowing down any.

To add to it, our water heater broke and we had to replace it on Friday. I thought we just needed to replace a valve, but when I called and asked Eugene if he could help me take it off (it was way tight and I didn't have the right wrench to loosen it) he looked at it and said we needed to replace the whole thing. Luke was at work so I took Bailee and Moses and went and bought a new one. I realized I wouldn't be able to replace it my-self so we carved pumpkins instead. When we got home from Trunk-or-Treating we started figuring out what we needed to do. Thankfully our good neighbor called and asked if we needed help, Eugene to the rescue as usual. We are very very grateful. I really freak out when you have to do anything with gas, I can just imagine doing something wrong and blowing up the house. Yikes. Luke and I were able to do most of it, with Eugene's help and guidance. It was a lot of hard work, but we are so grateful for the help of a good friend and neighbor.

I also taught a class at our ward's Super Saturday and had 'planned' enough time to finish it up Friday night. With the water heater mess, I didn't get to bed until 2:30. Double Yikes. So Saturday didn't start out so great either. Because the carpet was wet near the water heater, we decided to rent a carpet cleaner and clean all of the carpets. We started that around 1:30 and didn't finish until late afternoon. We were exhausted and sore by the end of the day.

But today as I was sitting in Church, I was thinking about how good it feels when you accomplish something that was hard. It makes you feel so successful and positive. I'm so glad to live in an area where there are good people surrounding us and willing to help. We've learned a lot and truly been blessed. We hope that those that have offered such service have in turn been blessed as well, and that someday we can return the favor to someone else.

3 comments:

The Wents said...

That sucks about the water heater, but good job on replacing it. I love all the cute pictures and stories of Bailee, except for the puking. That is the worst.

Anonymous said...

We are glad you got the water heater fixed. Bailee looks so cute as a cowboy

Anonymous said...

Luke, where is your BYU prediction for the week? We love reading your insights