I spent some good time out in the garden this evening. I re-planted squash and melons, as well as put in some tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers (hopefully this year they will actually be cucumbers and not zucchini). I had already planted once, about 2 weeks ago, and the deer rather enjoyed those little plants. They also ate most of the strawberry plants, again. I'm thinking this little garden plot is not destined to grow strawberries or cucumbers. I did buy some stakes and twine and roped the area off, as well as made a trellis type thing for the peas to grow up. I'm not convinced this will hold the deer off, but it's worth a shot. I also found this stuff called Liquid Fence that you spray around and on your garden. It's supposed to keep all animals out of the area. I really hope it works.
Here's a new shot of the Rec center and parking lot. It's still so weird to not have the field back there. I really hope they get the fence up soon. It makes me a little nervous having it wide open to the parking lot.
Other than the weeds and grass, I think the wall looks pretty good. It'll be nice when they have the project finished....or at least the fence up so I don't have to see the progress (or lack of) every day.
1 comment:
Yikes! These pictures have reminded me that we really need to do something with that nice little plot of land we had Paul's dad help us till up! Your garden looks GREAT!
Post a Comment