Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

We had a fun day yesterday! We got up and got dressed in our costumes and then picked up Alyssa and McKinley. We had to run some errands and Alyssa was trying to put the finishing touches on their costumes. Everywhere we went people were ooohing and aaahing over Bailee and McKinley. Who wouldn't? They were absolutely adorable! The girls got to go trick-or-treating and see their daddy's at work. Mostly Alyssa and I just wanted to show them off. Then it was home for a nap. Bailee and I went down to the park in Pleasant Grove to see what their little carnival was about. She filled her pumpkin with candy and then got to swing and go down the slide. That was probably the highlight of her day. Then it was time to trunk-or-treat at the church. McKinley and her family came with us, but Daddy was still at work. Bailee was pretty good at getting candy and putting it right in her pumpkin, or in my bug catching net. Yeah, that was my costume, I was a bug catcher. :) Better than nothing, right? After trunk-0r-treat we went trick-or-treating at home. Daddy answered the door and grabbed the candy off of the piano. When he went to stick it in McKinley's bucket he finally realized it was just us and get this... he actually threw candy at us! We told him to get his shoes on and come trick-or-treating with us. Then we went to a few houses for McKinley to show off her costume. And then to the Hatch's (Alyssa's parents) for the best chili, cornbread, and donuts ever! It was seriously so yummy. I ate 2 bowls of chili, at least 4 pieces of cornbread and a couple of donut holes. MMMMM When it was obvious that Bailee was going to fall asleep at any minute we said goodbye. Of course we couldn't leave without kisses and loves from McKinley, and if you give kisses and loves to McKinley you can be sure that Alyssa will want a kiss. But it didn't stop there. JT needed a kiss, and well that was too cute to not take a picture of. So needless to say 10 kisses later Alyssa may have gotten a good one. And then it was Addie's turn; but she didn't just want a kiss, she wanted a picture of the kiss. So we finally pull into our drive and I decided that Bailee needed to see if her friend Rachel was still at grandma's house. Rachel wasn't, but Alisha and Daniel were so we got to see their cute costumes. Of course, since we were there, we just had to frost a few cookies. Bailee discovered candy corn, and that it must be straight sugar. I'm not sure how many she ate, but I am sure she threw a fit when I wouldn't let her eat anymore. We got away with just one cookie a piece, much to Jackie's dismay. I won't be surprised to have a few show up here later today. The last item of business before bed was the dumping of the candy bucket. I can not believe how much candy Bailee pulled in. It's seriously ridiculous! I am trying to think of ways to get rid of it, so if anyone has any ideas please post them! All in all it was a really fun day and I think that Bailee had a good time.


Doesn't this look like the face of a happy, candy-filled baby??

1 comment:

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

She is darling. You guys are so cute.