I lost my keys Saturday afternoon. We have looked every where, and I am just sick about it. I have re-enacted the last time I saw them so many times! I got out of the car, I grabbed the 1 bag from Walmart off of the back seat, I walked into the house, set the bag and my purse on the table, grabbed the newly purchased can of black paint, walked outside to paint the bases for my cute new V-day mail boxes, walked back inside, went downstairs and sat on the couch. I've checked shoes, the sweatshirt I was wearing, under all of the cushions and the 2 couches downstairs, I've looked in every drawer and cupboard in the house, in the garbage, every where I was and everywhere I wasn't. I feel like the whereabouts of my keys is right on the edge of my memory, and at any moment it will come to me.
This morning when I prayed at breakfast, I again asked for help in finding the keys. Afterwards Bailee said to me "They (meaning the holy ghost and Heavenly Father...) are looking for your keys, and when they find them they will tell you. So you don't have to keep praying about it." I love her logic. It was a teaching moment for both of us. I told her that I believe that Heavenly Father knows where my keys are, but maybe He's helping me learn patience and faith by allowing me to continue looking for them and praying about it. I told her that we have to have faith and keep praying because he doesn't always answer right away.
So today, my house is going to get a deep cleaning while I continue to search for my keys, and continue to pray for help in finding them. I hope to report good news by the end of the day. But if not, I will trust that the Lord has a plan.
Yesterday was a bit of a dejavu day. I was called to be the Beehive adviser in our ward. I will get to work with the 12 and 13 year old girls. I am really excited to work in Young Women's again, but I am truly sad to leave my primary class. I have only been teaching it for 5 weeks, but I have loved teaching the 8 year old children, and getting to know my sweet team teacher. I will miss them. It's just crazy because after I got home I was thinking about how 3 years ago, this month, this was the calling I got in our other ward. The one I referred to in my last post. Circumstances are surely different though. I am not pregnant, or sick. Life is pretty routine and we are settled.
I have felt the stirrings of change for the past few weeks and was thinking that it had to do with Maddox's upcoming cardio appointment, or the surgery that will likely happen in June. Those things will still be happening, but I think the change I was being prepared for was this new calling.
Speaking of heart stuff.....CHD Awareness week is coming up. We celebrate February 7th through the 14th. Wear red all week! Also if you are having a baby, or know someone having a baby could you do something super easy??? Will you request a Pulse Ox monitor/screening for the baby? This really simple, non-invasive test can save lives and give you peace of mind. It's a simple band-aid looking strip with a little red light. They wrap it around the babies hand or foot and check the oxygen saturation's, it takes just a minute. Even if you don't have a family history of heart defects, it's worth the minute to be sure.
Happy Monday! I'm off to do some cleaning and hopefully find my keys!
No comments:
Post a Comment