Monday, September 20, 2010

Bitten

I've got the Family History bug. :) I've spent the last week researching and trying to learn more about my Grandma Washburn's side of the family. It's a mystery and I'm still digging. As the story goes, my Great Great Grandfather moved west, away from his family, and changed his name. It's fascinating to me, and I want to know why?!?!? (Along with a million other things)

When I was about 15 my mom helped my sisters and I each find a name to take to the temple so we could be baptized for an ancestor. Since then I have thought a lot about the Great Great Grandma that I was baptized for. I know very little about her and though I've tried to find out more....it's like a sealed book. She is someone I can't wait to meet and talk with on the other side. I have so many questions! So here I am 12 years later preparing to go to the temple once more to finish the work of this Grandmother. I am so excited! There is so much work to be done on that side of the family! It makes me even more excited to go to the temple, knowing that I am finally able to link my ancestors eternally. What a huge blessing!

No comments: