Sunday, July 11, 2010

This week....

As I start this week of Maddox's birthday, so many things are going through my mind! Gratitude, Anger, Hurt, Relief, Love, Sadness, Amazement (and much more!). The past year has been crazy, and sometimes I wonder how we've made it through. I posted an update on Maddox's "Heart Journey" link off to the side, so check it out for more details. The short of it is that he's doing good.

From some conversations I've had recently, I just wanted to clarify something. Maddox's heart will not get better. It will not grow. It will not function any more than it is right now. It is what it is, and that is Hypoplastic---It's too small. We will continue to do our best to keep him healthy, growing, and out of heart failure. We will hope he will be a candidate for the final surgery to be performed sometime after he's two (that's only a year away.) We will pray that his heart will stay strong for a long time, and we will continue to prepare ourselves for transplant. This is not in our hands, this is in God's hands. We will do our best to enjoy each moment we have, and live life to the fullest. Other than having faith and trust, there's not much we can do. I have come to be at peace with this, even though it sucks and it hurts and it's hard. We do appreciate the love and support that's been given the past year. Without so much help, love and prayers it would have been a lot harder. So truly, THANK YOU.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are great examples to all of us Traci and Luke

Chelle! said...

You are a great example of faith and courage. I have admired you for the strength that you have!